Nowadays, the world is showing its much involvement in the social sites. As the use of Facebook, twitter has become a best way to express the feelings and share the thoughts. In the past times, people used to do the chat with the yahoo messenger or with the Orkut. Nevertheless, the introduction of Facebook has made a great revolution in the industry of social sites. The introduction of Facebook was made in the year of 2006; however, it has become so much popular. The research was done on the topic of users of this site in last year and the results that came out were enough to clear the picture. The research showed that Facebook has near about 700 million users from all over the world, even the school going kids are also active on this site and there are numbers of people that are joining this social networking site daily.
The facts are enough to tell the popularity of Facebook among the people. However, the problem occurs when it comes to the talk of the security. The whole world is the victim of the incident that, how the cyber attacks affected the Orkut that was considered, as the most popular social networking site of its time. Therefore, a proper safety guard is much needed and the same thing goes with the Facebook, as nowadays it is the most lovable social site and that is why, the cyber criminals often attacks on it. Nevertheless, there is no need to worry, as I am going to tell you the 10 effective ways to protect your Facebook account.
1. The very first thing that you have to keep in your mind is that you should check the authenticity of every particular link that you visit. However, it can look as the genuine one but in spite of taking risk, you should check it.
2. The second thing is that never go with the short URLs because it can harm your account. Avoid the URLs that do not start with the www.facebook.com.
3. The third step is that you should be well aware of your spam content and do not trust on the links and the sources that are coming from the various sites.
4. The fourth tip is that if somebody asks you on the net to click on a particular link to get freeware or install a new and updated version of software that will run your system effectively. Then the thing that you have to do is just simply ignore that and close that link
by clicking on its ‘cross (x) because it can be a sort of virus that can affect your account as well as your system.
5. It must be possible that somebody has hacked your friend’s account and he/she can send you some suspicious links that can be harmful to you. Therefore, you have to be much aware from all these things.
6. Some of the links that, promises that you will get the products such as I-pods and other products, can be fake and can deliver a spam virus to your system. Therefore, always go with the trustful and well-known website.
7. Some interesting posts are there that attracts to go with their link. Beware, as it can be a way of hackers to hack your account and system.
8. The next tip is that always scan the item before downloading it from your Facebook account.
9. Login approval and the Account security are the two best options that can protect your account. Therefore, you should check all of them at the regular intervals.
10. The last but not the least way to protect your account is that never post any kind of java script or any other sort of codes to facebook URL as it can be a sort of malicious program just like Trojan. Make sure you always clean your cache and cookies even lending sites recommend that for example www.greatplainslending.com goes in depth on that if you fail to get through their process better to clean cookies and try again.
Therefore, these all were the effective ways to secure your Facebook account so just go and use it now!